To all members of the Hangin Tree Cowdog Association Inc.
2014 Annual Meeting
Saturday October 18 2014 1 P.M.
Holiday Inn Express Conference Room
I-35 Exit 157
2227 E Oklahoma Ave.
The previous 2014 annual meeting has been negated because of Constitution & Bylaws infractions which
were lack of enough members present to meet the quorum and held in the month of September.
The Constitution & Bylaws state that the annual meeting has to be held in the month of October.
We would like to encourage all members to attend this meeting if possible. There will be several important issues discussed and voted on.
The Hangin’ Tree Cowdog
“The Ultimate Cowboys Dog”
The vision of Gary Ericsson
Gary Ericsson and his son Choc developed the Hangin Tree Cowdog.
The Hangin Tree Cowdog breed was named after the Hangin Tree Ranch.
The Hangin Tree Cowdog is :
- A cattledog that is a gathering, retrieving, herding type dog.
- A tough aggressive dog that has the courage to stand up to and handle all types of cattle.
- An intelligent dog that is easy to train.
- A dog with good disposition that is not overly sensitive.
- A short or slick haired dog that can stand the heat when needed and also shed burs and mud with minimal coat maintenance.
- A dog with good bone structure that can take the abuse that a cattledog takes from being kicked and ran over.
- A dog that is deep and wide in the chest with endurance that will stay with you when the going gets tough.
- A dog that can wind and trail cattle.
- The Hangin Tree Cowdog is a purebred working dog bred specifically to work cattle.
Gary chose four breeds originally to develop this breed.
- 3/8 Border Collie for their intense herding instinct and intelligence.
- 1/8 Catahoula for the ability to trail and find cattle, also for their toughness and slick hair coat.
- 1/4 Kelpie for endurance and also herding instinct and short hair.
- 1/4 Australian Shepherd, only a dog named Hangin Tree Black Bear went into this breed. Bear was a super dog with courage and ability to handle any kind of cattle.
Hangin Tree Cowdog Association Inc.
The Hangin Tree Cowdog Association Inc. was formed to protect, preserve, and promote this very special breed of dog.
The objectives of The Hangin Tree Cowdog Association Inc. are:
- To promote and protect the Hangin Tree Cowdog
- Maintain a pedigree registry for qualified Hangin Tree Cowdogs
- To further the advancement of the Hangin Tree Cowdog
- Disseminate knowledge and conduct clinics for the training of dogs and their handlers
- To do all in its power to advance the interests of the working cowdog
Owners and breeders of Hangin Tree Cowdogs are encouraged to join and register their dogs with the association. Only qualified Hangin Tree Cowdogs can be registered with the Hangin Tree Cowdog Association Inc.